Thursday, January 19, 2012

july in the year of the me(n)tal rabbit

Recipe for Irish Cream
i bottle of cheapest scotch
1 x 600 thickened cream
2 x 400g condensed mulk
i tablespoon of chocolate topping
i teaspoon of vanilla
4 eggs room temp
Whip eggs & vanilla, add cream & choc, cond. milk and scotch slowly =
2 litres
Glass bottles

23/7/11
I want to go where my heart is warm
but neither spaceship nor feet can take me,
not a fleet of sailing ships,
yet a glimpse of such might be enough
like picture of Keats;
for no apparent reason
it rises on a breeze
where no wind can blow
but tides of blood ebb and flow
beat a shore with waves of passion
on its circular passage in and out of the heart
within the climate within the veins and arteries
of living and giving it
a moment of attention.
How can I embark on this journey?

28/7/11
In this rocky desert I am surrounded by bums,
heads buried up to the shoulders in the sands of detail,
the shifting sands of daily life,
each grain examined for evidence of strife --
sometimes I stroll among them &
wonder if these boulders are human beings
or rocks in socks (frocks, jocks ...)
Myself I sit in a mess of things around me spreading a chaos of thinking outwards towards the lizards' nests and let the natural burroowers make holes in the ground and watch the Foxy bolt the foxes from their wicked privacy and perhaps chance a glance of pure passion in the pearl of a vixen's eye as she protects her pups from the predators in their hides
I dunno. I dinnae ken...

No comments: